Bathroom Renovations and Installations
Planning to Perfection
The success of a bathroom renovation lies in meticulous planning and expert execution. We support you every step of the way, from concept creation, material selection, and product procurement to the final installation and maintenance. Our expertise spans the conversion of mains pressure to comprehensive pipe installations. We pay close attention to every detail, ensuring that each element of your bathroom renovation aligns with your vision and enhances functionality.
L B White Offers a Range of Services for You Bathroom:
Taps, Basins, and Vanities: The range of products in the market can make choosing taps, basins, and vanities overwhelming. Our specialists at L B White can help simplify this process by providing tailored suggestions based on your specific needs and budget.
Showers: Installing a shower is a complex task that requires significant experience and technical prowess. Our seasoned team delivers a wide spectrum of shower installation services, from shower waterproofing and shower liner installation to shower tray and shower screen setup.
Toilets: Toilet designs come in an array of styles, from back-to-wall and close-coupled to wall-hung models. One crucial factor in choosing a toilet is water efficiency. We can guide you in selecting toilets with a high Water Efficiency Labelling and Standards (WELS) rating, significantly reducing your water consumption.
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet / Acrylead
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead consist of virgin lead of at least 99.8% purity, machine cast in to sheet form of various dimension and thickness. Acrylead has a factory baked acrylic primer coating which inhibits the contact of water with the lead and its oxides, greatly reducing lead run-off which can cause staining on surrounding roof materials such as tiles. Lead Sheet & Acrylead are soft and malleable, making them a versatile flashing material. They offer strong resistance to corrosion and UV degradation, offering unparalleled longevity of service.
Scope of use:
Lead Sheet & Acrylead are used as a flexible weatherproof flashing to drain or deflect water back outside roof
and wall cladding systems. They are commonly used for flashing concrete, clay and slate tile roofs, for buildings described in Table 1 of NZS 3604:2011, and NASH Standard Part 2: May 2019- 1.3.1.
Relevant building code clauses
· B2 Durability – B2.3.1 (a)
· E2 External Moisture – E2.3.1. E2.3.2
· F2 Hazardous Building Materials – F2.3.1
Contribution to code compliance
B2 Durability – B2.3.1 (a)
When installed in accordance with DLM Wallace literature and NZBC E2/AS1, Lead Sheet & Acrylead will provide durability of no
less than 50 years. DLM Wallace manufactured Lead Sheet has an in-service history in New Zealand of over 100 years.
E2 External Moisture – E2.3.1. E2.3.2
When installed in accordance with DLM Wallace Literature and NZBC E2/AS1, Lead Sheet & Acrylead will contribute to satisfying
the these performance requirements on NZBC E2. DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead (17kg/m2 grade and above) meet the requirements of NZBC E2/AS1 4.3.1. DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead is manufactured in accordance with AS 1804:1976 (Soft Lead Sheet and Strip).
F2 Hazardous Building Materials – F2.3.1
Prior to working with DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead, installers and handlers should familiarise themselves with the health and safety guidelines offered in the DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead Material Safety Data Sheet.
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead is manufactured in accordance with AS 1804:1976 (Soft Lead Sheet and Strip).
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead consist of virgin lead of at least 99.8% purity, machine cast in to sheet form of various dimension and thickness. Acrylead has a factory baked acrylic primer applied to both sides of the sheet, which minimises run-off of lead oxides.
· Material compatibility must be considered when specifying and installing DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead.
· Lead Sheet & Acrylead must not be used in contact with zinc-aluminium coated long-run steel or zinc- aluminium coated pressed metal tiles.
· Refer to NZBC E2 AS1, Table 21- Compatibility of materials on contact.
· Refer to NZBC E2 AS1, Table 22 – Compatibility of materials subject to run-off.
· Due to thermal expansion and contraction, individual pieces of Lead Sheet & Acrylead must not exceed the dimensions listed in the table below;
Maximum Size of Individual Pieces of Lead for All Flashing Applications
flashings, lead slates, chimney flashings and weatherings to cornices, parapets, full roof cladding, sound proofing, radiation shielding
demand extra length
Dlm Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead Grades
Flashings Must Be a Minimum of 17KG/M2
· Lap cover between individual sheets/pieces must be a minimum of 100mm
(Refer NZBC E2/AS1- 4.5.2 (f) )
· Parallel flashings must be dressed down in to the tile pan, and have a minimum cover of 150mm, with a minimum upstand of 100mm (75mm minimum upstand behind cladding). Refer NZBC E2/AS1- Figure 26.
· Transverse flashings must have a minimum cover of 150mm over the tile, and have a minimum upstand of 100mm (75mm minimum upstand behind cladding). Refer NZBC E2/AS1- Figure 26.
· Flashings should be designed so that while the lead is in position, free thermal movement is not restricted.
· Nails, screws and fixings should have a similar life expectancy, and thus should be copper, or stainless steel.
· When forming and shaping lead, caution must be taken to not over-stretch the lead, which can create thin areas with reduced integrity.
To reduce the risk of run-off staining surrounding materials, a patination oil should be applied to un-painted lead sheet as soon as possible after fixing. Acrylead should be over painted with a quality acrylic external house paint and this coating should be maintained. As with all roofing material, Lead Sheet & Acrylead should be kept clean and free of moss, mould, lichen and
Warning and Bans:
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead is not subject to warning or ban under section 26 of the Building Act 2004.
Types of Products
L B White Promise
When you're looking for top Wellington Plumbers, L B White is the company you can trust. We provide quality, reliable, and efficient plumbing maintenance services throughout the Wellington region. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to ensuring that your plumbing systems remain in top shape, saving you from future unexpected repair costs. Reach out to us today to schedule a maintenance consultation or to learn more about our services.