Quality Guttering/Spouting Installations
Installations for Every Occasion
At L B White, we recognise the significant role gutters (commonly known as spouting) and downpipes play in preventing water damage to your property. By efficiently directing rainwater away from your building and into the appropriate drainage systems, they safeguard your foundations from harmful water build-up. Ignoring these important water management systems could potentially lead to significant damage to your home over time. We provide comprehensive services for your gutters and downpipes, from preventive cleaning to quality installations and prompt repairs, with the ultimate goal of protecting your home and saving you money in the long run.
Essential Gutters, Spouting & Downpipes Services by L B White:
Quality Guttering/Spouting Installations: Our team of plumbing specialists excel in installing new guttering systems to ensure the sustainability of your home's water management. By replacing worn-out guttering, you can enhance your home's value, prevent water damage to the exterior and foundations, and also give your property a refreshed look.
Downpipes Installation: Downpipes form an integral part of your home's water drainage system, guiding water safely from the roof into the underground pipes. Regular cleaning is paramount to prevent blockages and prolong the lifespan of your building. Trust L B White, your trusted plumbers in Wellington for all your downpipes' needs.
Prompt Repairs for Old or Damaged Gutters and Downpipes: Our dedicated team is proficient in repairing damaged gutters and downpipes. Whether it's due to leaf build-up, birds' nests, improper installation, or simply old age, we offer cost-efficient solutions to bring your guttering system back to its optimal functionality.
Comprehensive System Cleaning and Maintenance: Regular gutter cleaning may not be on top of your to-do list, but it is crucial to maintain the health of your gutters and downpipes. We offer one-off services or can schedule a regular maintenance plan, taking the stress off you while ensuring these crucial systems function efficiently.
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet / Acrylead
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead consist of virgin lead of at least 99.8% purity, machine cast in to sheet form of various dimension and thickness. Acrylead has a factory baked acrylic primer coating which inhibits the contact of water with the lead and its oxides, greatly reducing lead run-off which can cause staining on surrounding roof materials such as tiles. Lead Sheet & Acrylead are soft and malleable, making them a versatile flashing material. They offer strong resistance to corrosion and UV degradation, offering unparalleled longevity of service.
Scope of use:
Lead Sheet & Acrylead are used as a flexible weatherproof flashing to drain or deflect water back outside roof
and wall cladding systems. They are commonly used for flashing concrete, clay and slate tile roofs, for buildings described in Table 1 of NZS 3604:2011, and NASH Standard Part 2: May 2019- 1.3.1.
Relevant building code clauses
· B2 Durability – B2.3.1 (a)
· E2 External Moisture – E2.3.1. E2.3.2
· F2 Hazardous Building Materials – F2.3.1
Contribution to code compliance
B2 Durability – B2.3.1 (a)
When installed in accordance with DLM Wallace literature and NZBC E2/AS1, Lead Sheet & Acrylead will provide durability of no
less than 50 years. DLM Wallace manufactured Lead Sheet has an in-service history in New Zealand of over 100 years.
E2 External Moisture – E2.3.1. E2.3.2
When installed in accordance with DLM Wallace Literature and NZBC E2/AS1, Lead Sheet & Acrylead will contribute to satisfying
the these performance requirements on NZBC E2. DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead (17kg/m2 grade and above) meet the requirements of NZBC E2/AS1 4.3.1. DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead is manufactured in accordance with AS 1804:1976 (Soft Lead Sheet and Strip).
F2 Hazardous Building Materials – F2.3.1
Prior to working with DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead, installers and handlers should familiarise themselves with the health and safety guidelines offered in the DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead Material Safety Data Sheet.
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead is manufactured in accordance with AS 1804:1976 (Soft Lead Sheet and Strip).
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead consist of virgin lead of at least 99.8% purity, machine cast in to sheet form of various dimension and thickness. Acrylead has a factory baked acrylic primer applied to both sides of the sheet, which minimises run-off of lead oxides.
· Material compatibility must be considered when specifying and installing DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead.
· Lead Sheet & Acrylead must not be used in contact with zinc-aluminium coated long-run steel or zinc- aluminium coated pressed metal tiles.
· Refer to NZBC E2 AS1, Table 21- Compatibility of materials on contact.
· Refer to NZBC E2 AS1, Table 22 – Compatibility of materials subject to run-off.
· Due to thermal expansion and contraction, individual pieces of Lead Sheet & Acrylead must not exceed the dimensions listed in the table below;
Maximum Size of Individual Pieces of Lead for All Flashing Applications
flashings, lead slates, chimney flashings and weatherings to cornices, parapets, full roof cladding, sound proofing, radiation shielding
demand extra length
Dlm Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead Grades
Flashings Must Be a Minimum of 17KG/M2
· Lap cover between individual sheets/pieces must be a minimum of 100mm
(Refer NZBC E2/AS1- 4.5.2 (f) )
· Parallel flashings must be dressed down in to the tile pan, and have a minimum cover of 150mm, with a minimum upstand of 100mm (75mm minimum upstand behind cladding). Refer NZBC E2/AS1- Figure 26.
· Transverse flashings must have a minimum cover of 150mm over the tile, and have a minimum upstand of 100mm (75mm minimum upstand behind cladding). Refer NZBC E2/AS1- Figure 26.
· Flashings should be designed so that while the lead is in position, free thermal movement is not restricted.
· Nails, screws and fixings should have a similar life expectancy, and thus should be copper, or stainless steel.
· When forming and shaping lead, caution must be taken to not over-stretch the lead, which can create thin areas with reduced integrity.
To reduce the risk of run-off staining surrounding materials, a patination oil should be applied to un-painted lead sheet as soon as possible after fixing. Acrylead should be over painted with a quality acrylic external house paint and this coating should be maintained. As with all roofing material, Lead Sheet & Acrylead should be kept clean and free of moss, mould, lichen and
Warning and Bans:
DLM Wallace Lead Sheet & Acrylead is not subject to warning or ban under section 26 of the Building Act 2004.
Types of Products
L B White Promise
When you're looking for top Wellington Plumbers, L B White is the company you can trust. We provide quality, reliable, and efficient plumbing maintenance services throughout the Wellington region. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to ensuring that your plumbing systems remain in top shape, saving you from future unexpected repair costs. Reach out to us today to schedule a maintenance consultation or to learn more about our services.